/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
Power and privilege
1. How and why is a social group represented in a particular way?
Define social groups, (representation of women Ismone (who is very stereotypical), antigone herself, mother says nothing ) DONT FORGET WHY
1. Write an outline, which details how you will approach the task, including which of the set
Prescribed question: How and why is a social group represented in a particular way?
Title of the text for analysis: Othello by William Shakespeare
Part of the course to which the task refers: Part 2 – Language and mass communication
My critical response will:
● Introduce the plot behind William Shakespeare’s play Othello.
● Show how multiple male characters verbally objectify women in a vulgar manner.
● Point out the use of symbolism in portraying women as objects throughout the play.
● Explain how the aggressive tone of the male characters contributes to objectification of females.
● Relate the predicament to modern day issues revolving around equality of the sexes.
● Conclude by stating that Shakespeare’s viewpoint of women had been shaped by the Elizabethan society at the time of the play.