You are to write an essay where you provide support for a particular position on an ethical issue. The essay is to be 1,500 words in length (=/- 10%).
- Choose an issue from the topic list: (see the Word Document Posted in Week 6 section of Moodle)
- Write an essay with the following structure (do not include headings in your essay):
- A hypothesis statement.
- A clear explanation or definition of the problem.
- The body
- Reasons and evidence to support your position stated in your hypothesis statement.
- Address at least one objection to your position.
- Restate your hypothesis statement (not a direct copy and paste).
- Summarise the main points.
- A call to action – what is the reader to do or believe in relation to this ethical issue?
- Reference list (start this on a new page following the essay).
- As part of your argument, include what guidance the code of ethics from the Australian Computer Society provides.
- Within your essay include references that help you support your argument. Follow Harvard Referencing for the reference list and for in-text citations.