Review the book and write your reflections in a three-page paper. Your paper must (1) identify at least three ideas, strategies, or thoughts that you have learned from the book with specific examples, (2) describe how these have extended or pushed your thinking in new directions, and (3) describe what you wish her to state more.
Questions need to be answer:
1. What is elective mutism? How did Shemona start talking?
2. Why did Torey need an aid? Why was Torey reluctant to accept Ladbrooke as an aid?
3. Which two students were able to be placed in general education at the end of the year? Would you make the same decision if they were your students? Why or why not?
4. Describe the problems that Geraldine has. As a teacher, what strategies would you have used with Geraldine?
5. What do you wish Torey to state more?
6. What are some ideas, strategies, or thoughts that you have learned from the book with specific examples and how you can implement them in your current and future classroom?