/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
1. Write a 3- to 4-page paper to discuss the questions in the reading using a business brief format. Cite resources as appropriate to support your findings.
2. As noted in the Overview above, do NOT merely list and answer the questions at the end of the case. You are to use a free-flowing style to summarize your thoughts after your research on the issues discussed in the case.
Question to be answered
1. What factors held back the flow of FDI into Nigeria for most of the country’s history as an independent nation?
2. Why did foreign direct investment into Nigeria start to accelerate after the mid-2000s?
3. How do you think FDI might benefit the Nigeria economy? Is there any potential downside to Nigeria from more FDI?
4. Nigeria is largely dependent on oil exports to drive its economy forward. Given the sharp fall in global oil prices that occurred in 2014, what impact do you think this will have on FDI into Nigeria?
5. Nigeria’s government is currently fighting a vicious insurgency mounted by Boko Haram in the country’s remote and sparsely populated northeast. Should this be of concern to potential foreign investor, most of who invest in the country’s populated southern regions?
6. Imagine that you work for a large consumer products company selling basic household goods. List the pros and cons of investing in Nigeria. Under what circumstances would you recommend investing?