Context and purpose
Collaborative methods are processes, behaviours and conversations that relate to collaboration between individuals. These methods specifically aim to increase the success of teams as they engage in collaborative problem solving.
Output (Quality and Quantity)
Task 1 – Collaborative thinking plan
Identify an opportunity in your current workplace that could benefit from collaborative thinking. There are many different opportunities you may choose to use including (but not limited to); a challenge you are facing with a customer, a cultural change effort you are undertaking, an innovation required to a technical process.
Taking the role of an external consultant, write a persuasive report recommending the adoption of a plan to encourage collaborative thinking as a tool to maximise the opportunity. This plan should include the following elements:
- Executive summary: a one page overview of your report
- Context: a detailed description of the opportunity and the relevant organisational context
- Current Research: an overview of the literature supporting the use of collaborative thinking and collaborative leadership styles
- The plan: detail of the steps you would recommend to use collaborative thinking to:
- Provide input to maximise the opportunity presented to the organisation
- Draw on personal expertise and relevant individuals for contributions
- Encourage collaborative communication, learning approaches and participative work relationships in the workplace
- Analyse information and intelligence sources when evaluating business opportunities.
- Conclusion: a summary of the report
Literature readings, sample report on the utilization of SOC and goal setting.