First part: you need to do a data envelopment analysis base on the performance of a restaurant in the UK for the most recent 2 financial year. You can use any use DEA software or any statistical software that you feel comfortable using. You can collect the data from the Fame database or other relevant database. (Please also include the .pim file for me)
Second part: You need to write a summary report on the efficiency of the operations of your case study organization(s) for one of its stakeholders.
You should not assume that the stakeholder understands the Data Envelopment Analysis technique and so will need to explain it to the reader (but should only include detailed computer output in the appendix). Overall the report should be 2000 words ±200 words.
The following is intended as a possible outline for your report, it also gives a guideline as to the number of words expected in each area, some variation from this guideline is expected depending on your actual case study
1. General introduction (150 words).
Here you introduce the operations you are studying and what good performance might mean for them. If there is already a method of performance measurement used you should discuss it.
2. Introduction to the Data Envelopment Analysis technique (500 words). Introduce DEA using simple model(s) that can be shown graphically, using real data from your case study. Identify efficient units and illustrate the concepts of efficient peers, input and output oriented models and demonstrate how targets are calculated
3. Exploratory Data Analysis & Model Specification (250 words). In this section you summarize what data is available and could be used in performance analysis. You then justify the inputs and outputs you are going to use in your DEA model(s), also whether input or output orientation is used.
4. Results of DEA analysis for at least one time period (600 words). Discuss the targets for inefficient DMUs, and identify their efficient Peers. Compare the results with other methods of performance measurement.
5. Consideration of different groups and/or time periods (400 words). Here you can examine the Malmquist index (and its decomposition) to see how efficiency has changed over time. Statistics can also be examined to identify efficiency differences between groups of DMUs. Again it is worth using simple models that can be shown graphically to illustrate this (this may well be in addition to your actual models).
6. Overall Conclusions (100 words) Summarize your results here.
7. References: Harvard referencing (not included in the word count) .
8. Appendix (not included in the word count) Give the data here and also include output from the DEA software and statistical software you have used.