Answer the following questions, Be sure to number your answers, so they correspond with the questions. Use the internet but you cannot use citations, everything have to be in your own words. Each answer to each question should be at least one paragraph or more.
Be sure to use standard English grammar and spelling.
- Compare and contrast the views of John Searle and Rene Descartes on dualism.
- Compare and contrast the views of George Berkeley and Thomas Hobbes on the mind.
- Does the materialist position imply a determinist position on the possibility of free will? Explain.
- Explain what David Hume means by saying that we have no evidence of the self. How is Hume’s view related to Milarepa’s on this subject?
- If a computer app beats you every time you play chess, is the computer smarter than you? Does your computer think?
- Is free will possible if there is such a thing as God’s plan?
- Explain the paradox of Buridan’s donke and what Spinoza makes of this paradox.
- In what sense does Alyosha Karamazov realize that he is free in Dostoyevsky’s The Brothers Karamazov.
- For existentialists from Dostoyevsky to Sartre, in what sense are human beings outside determinism?
- Explain, compare, and contrast the views of Anselm and Gaunilo regarding the Ontological argument.
- Explain and evaluate the views of Freud and Nietzsche, on the rationality of religious belief.
- Explain and evaluate the views of Tolstoy and Kierkegaard, on the rationality of religious belief.
- Explain and evaluate Pascal’s Wager. Would belief based on such an argument get you into heaven?
- Explain and evaluate William Paley’s version of the design argument.
- Explain and evaluate the problem of evil.