For this assessment you are to choose an argument and then present facts to back up your chosen position.
- Marketing of new products by global companies is beneficial to the culture of the individuals in the host country.
In order to complete this assessment:
- Choose a global brand, introduce the brand, define what is a global brand, and then justify why the brand you have chosen is a global brand.
Below are just some of the many global companies you might consider investigation for this assessment.
Fast foods: KFC, McDonalds, Starbucks
Motor Vehicles: Toyota, Mercedes Benz, BMW
Women’s cosmetics: Lancome, Shishedo, L’Oreal
Men’s grooming: Gillette, Colgate, Polo by Ralph Lauren
Men’s clothing: Hugo Boss, Armani, Calvin Klein
Women’s clothing: Versace, Coco Chanel, Stella McCartney
Laundry Products: Proctor & Gamble, Lever & Kitchen, Unilever
Technology: Samsung, Apple, Microsoft, IBM, Google
Soft Drinks: Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Sprite, Red Bull
Fashion accessories: Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Cartier
- Choose a host country, preferably one with which you are very familiar. Describe in detail the host country culture prior to the introduction of the product.
- Critically examine the changes that the introduction of the global product has had on the host culture and the individuals within the host country.
- Provide 4 specific examples of how the product has been marketed in the host country using examples from the internet and explain how this meets the needs of the target market.
- To show that you have conducted sound research, you need to back up your arguments using 8 quality journals and reference them correctly both in-text and in the Reference List.
Reference: APA format
Word count: 1600