This section of the assignment for the module requires students to develop a Global Education Practice Manual on a local-global theme of your choice. It is expected that you will work or consult with appropriate group(s) to develop the manual.
Your pack should contain the following sections:
- A distinctive cover sheet, contents page, and acknowledgements.
- An introduction explaining what your local-global theme is, why it is a useful theme to look at, how the manual is structured and ways that community development practitioners could use it.
- An analysis of the local-global theme in the context of globalisation, identifying links between the personal, local, and global community (and vice versa), highlighting inequalities in these links and developing a Global Education agenda that could be addressed.
- A series of imaginative informal education/community education activities using life styles, music, food, arts, campaigns, story telling, internet, games, etc to promote learning based on the community education agenda derived from your analysis in 3 above.
- An edited portfolio of essential information made easily accessible to workers and client groups. You will need to include a content page and provide explanatory notes to direct workers and/or client groups through your portfolio (10 pages, not included in word count).
- An evaluation of the practice manual by your group(s) identifying its strengths, weaknesses, and how it can be improved. Provide also a self-analysis of the learning you have gained on this module as a whole.