HIST 2610 Reader in American History
Step One (Read):
SELECT and READ one essay from HISTORY 2610 reader.
1. What is the GIST of the supplementary article?
2. HIGHLIGHT/ISOLATE (key terms and concepts as they relate to the questions asked)
3. NARROW each down into its essential points.
Step Two (Introduction):
Start the writing and thinking process:
1. Who wrote it?
2. What are its central themes?
3. Why was it written?
4. What lessons can be learned from it?
Step Three (Body):
1. CONVERT questions into whole paragraphs.
2. CITE evidence as needed to bolster your position.
Step Four (Conclusion):
1. RESTATE crux of document (in a few sentences)
2. ANSWER the question …So what? In other words, what is the big deal concerning this reading? Why is it important to read and ponder?
• 12-pt font
• at least 1,000 words