1. Operating cash flow is generated by a company’s daily operations related to production and sales of goods and/or services.a. Trueb. False2. In general, the reduction of an asset is a source of funds.a. Trueb. False3.4. The cash conversion cycle is calculated as:a. Days in Inventory + Collection Periodb. Days in Inventory – Payables Periodc. Days in Inventory + Collection Period – Payables Periodd. None of the above5. A company can shorten its cash cycle by:a. Reducing inventory turnoverb. Reducing account payablesc. Reducing days receivabled. None of the above6. A company has a retention rate of 50%, sales of $25,000, beginning equity of $50,000 and profit margins of 10%, an asset turnover ratio of .75 and debt of $10,000. What is its sustainable growth rate?a. 2.5%b. 1.7%c. 3.75%d. Not enough information given7. Scenario analysis is a way of testing forecasts by changing one assumption at a time.a. Trueb. False8.9. Which of the following is commonly used in preparing pro forma statements:a. Historical financial statementsb. Projected salesc. Efficiency ratiosd. All of the above10. Pro forma statements are:a. Summaries of historical financial statementsb. Government-mandated analyses of financial statementsc. Projected statements used in financial planningd. Estimated tax liabilities11. Which of the following liabilities form part of a company’s “real” activities?i. I. Short-term debtii. II. Accounts payableiii. III. Accrued operating expensesiv. IV. Long-term debtb. III onlyc. II and IIId. I and IVe. I only12. The cost of debt is generally lower than the cost of equity.a. Trueb. False13. M&M’s Proposition I states that a company’s value is independent of its capital structure.a. Trueb. False14. A higher level of leverage generally reduces managerial discretion.a. Trueb. False15. The Pecking Order Theory of capital structure implies a unique optimum capital structure.a. Trueb. False16. As EBIT drops, the return on equity (ROE) of a levered firm drops ______ the ROE of an otherwise identical unlevered firm.a. the same asb. relatively more thanc. relatively less thand. more or less than (it cannot be determined)17. The owner of Grandma’s Applesauce is planning to retire after the coming year. She has to repay a loan $50,000 plus 8 percent interest and must rely on cash flow from operations to do so. Cash flow from operations is uncertain; there is a 70% probability it will equal $65,000, and a 30% probability it will equal $45,000. Assuming a tax rate of 0%, what is the owner’s expected cash flow after debt service?a. $9,000b. $5,000c. $11,000d. $7,70018. Shareholders prefer high risk projects when facing a high probability of bankruptcy becausea. High risk projects usually bring high rewards.b. Shareholders have the residual claim on a company.c. Creditors have the residual claim on a company, and therefore bear the risk.d. There is a good chance the government will rescue them in bankruptcy.19. The _________ states that the value of the firm is determined solely by the value of its assets.a. Static Tradeoff Modelb. M&M proposition Ic. The Pecking Order Modeld. Agency Theory20. Which of the following expresses the value of a levered firm (VL) in the Static Tradeoff model of optimal capital structure? [Note: VU denotes the value of the unlevered firm; CFD denotes expected costs of financial distress; and PV denotes present value.]a. VL = PV(Tax Shield) – PV(CFD)b. VL = VU + PV(Tax Shield) / PV(CFD)c. VL = VU + PV(Tax Shield) – PV(CFD)d. VL = VU + PV(Tax Shield)21. A example of indirect costs of bankruptcy isa. Court costsb. Attorney and advisor feesc. Lost sales due to costumers and suppliers lost trustd. All of the above22. Which of the following are equivalent under M&M proposition I?a. Maximizing firm value and maximizing firm profitb. Maximizing firm value and minimizing the cost of capitalc. Minimizing firm’s cost of capital and minimizing firm’s debt burdend. Maximizing profit and minimizing taxes
https://homeworkmarkets.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/logo1-300x75.png 0 0 Mike https://homeworkmarkets.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/logo1-300x75.png Mike2021-10-24 03:46:282021-10-24 03:46:28HR Businnes school
The products and services provided by this website are for research and guidance purposes only. Students are solely responsible for doing their own work and using the materials provided as a reference.