Description: The final paper is designed to help you synthesize everything you experience and learn during your internship. It may also provide a document that future interns can examine in order to learn more about the company. Because this information may be seen by others, I encourage due diligence before including potentially confidential information about the company you’re working for.
Content: At a minimum, the final paper should answer the following:
- What were your job responsibilities? In performing your duties, did you provide value to the company? If so, how? If no, why not?
- Did you achieve your learning objectives (what have you learned)? Be specific. For example, if you analyzed an industry as part of your internship, describe what you learned about the industry. If you did not meet some of your learning objectives, why was that the case?
- Was your internship a valuable experience as you look at your career exploration and development? If so, how? If no, why not?
- What surprised you the most about your internship experience?
- If you could do your internship over again, how would you change or improve your performance?
Format: The final paper must be a minimum of 3 full pages (no more than 4), typed and single-spaced with traditional font and margins (12-point, 1-inch margins). Please review and edit before submitting your work. Poor grammar, syntax, structure, and spelling will result in grade reductions.