For this assignment you will complete a literature review on a topic related to the health administration career. You can pick any topic within your field that you find interesting and would like to know more about! You will locate a minimum of 4 journal articles on the topic and 1 online source and write a 1 page literature review based on your topic, your question and the sources you’ve selected.
The purpose of this assignment is to facilitate and develop your ability to research a topic, so you can learn to:
- Identify a topic of interest and formulate a clear question or thesis
- Learn how to search for and locate sources (e.g. journal articles, websites, reports) using the library’s search engine and Google
- Critically analyze information found in the sources you have retrieved (e.g. journal articles, websites, reports)
- Synthesize new knowledge into a written literature review
- Establish context for your inquiries
Steps to Complete your Literature Review (How)
For this assignment you will be combining material from several texts to create a new text – your literature review.
- Choose a specific topic related to health administration that you are interested in learning more about. Be as specific and narrow as possible.
- Formulate a question that describes what you would like to know about your topic.
- Go to the library’s search engine OneSearch to locate a minimum of 4 articles on the topic. You will also use Google to find 1 credible online source.
- After you locate your sources, read the abstracts and skim the articles to determine if they are relevant to your topic AND your question.
- Read your articles! Make notes, sort and categorize them according to their findings.
- Organize your articles by sorting and classifying their findings in a meaningful way, remember to always consider your original topic and question.
- Write your review.
- Revise your review.
Be sure that your response is in full sentences, follows APA style guidelines (no abstract needed), and is grammatically correct.