Research, present and examine the importance of the ‘marketing process’ with particular regards to the relationship between marketing objectives (strategy) and marketing tasks (tactics). How does this affect an organisation’s ability to create value for stakeholders?
***The lecturer suggestions/notes ***
Your work should be 2,500 words long (plus or minus 10%) excluding title page, visuals (e.g. tables, diagrams, charts, etc.), references and appendences (1.5-spaced, Times New Roman, font size 12, margins: top/bottom/left/right 2.5cm).Please note that an executive summary is NOT required.
It would be expected that together with the main readings listed in this booklet, you will incorporate additional material from articles published in various academic and non-academic marketing and business sources.
Very good marks are only awarded to essays making use of a broader literature, especially journal articles and recognised sources of marketing knowledge.
Please make sure that you try and write as much of your assignment as possible, avoiding frequent citations. Paraphrasing is the best way to ensure that your thinking and reflection are reflected in your work, thus referencing is paramount to support the arguments made in your writing.
All essays must have a full list of references at the end, and appropriate in-text references (e.g. Brassington & Pettit, 2006) and citations. Internet sources must also be clearly referenced in text and listed in full at the back of your work using the recognised Harvard standard.
– Masterson, R., Phillips, N. and Pickton, D. (2017) Marketing: An Introduction, 4th Edition. London: SAGE. ISBN: 9781473975859
– Baines, P., Fill, C., Rosengren, S. and Antonetti, P. (2017) Fundamentals of Marketing. Oxford: Oxford University Press
– Brassington, F. and Pettitt, S. (2014) Essentials of Marketing, 3rd Edition. London: FT Prentice Hall.
– Grewal and Levy (2017) M: Marketing, 5th Edition. Maidenhead: McGraw-Hill Education.
– Jobber, D. and Ellis-Chadwick, F. (2016) Principles and Practice of Marketing, 8th Edition.
Maidenhead: McGraw Hill.
– Kotler, P. and Armstrong, G. (2016) Principles of Marketing, Global Edition, 16th Edition.
– Palmer, A. (2012) Introduction to Marketing: Theory and Practice, 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford