Identify a contemporary media case that includes ethical considerations and is relevant to your chosen profession. Analyze and identify the ethical considerations posed in the case. Prepare your analysis, while answering the following questions:
- How has the issue been handled by philosophers and/or media in the past?
- How does the issue impact the individual and society?
- What are the legal considerations?
- What are the professional considerations?
- What are the opinions of experts in the field?
Submit your case study in one of the following formats:
- Written paper: Prepare assignment as a Microsoft Word document using APA style formatting and references. Assignment should be a minimum of 3 to 5 pages and include a minimum of 3 credible references. In-text citations, a reference page and title page are required for this assignment.
- Oral Presentation: Student should prepare a 7 to 10 minute oral presentation, accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation with a minimum of 10 slides, not including the title and reference slide. PowerPoint document should be prepared using APA style formatting and references. A minimum of 3 credible references, in-text citations, a reference slide and title slide are required for his assignment.
- Discuss and explain how ethics and/or the lack of ethics impact the individual and society.
- Assess and summarize the different theories of ethics.
- Contrast and compare the differences between personal and organizational ethics.
- Describe moral development
- Discuss contemporary ethical issues within society.
- Evaluate and discuss ethical dilemmas commonly associated with the student’s chosen profession.