The assignment consists of two parts: PART A (an essay written in Microsoft Word and PART B (a Microsoft Excel file containing charts and data related to your essay).
Software to be used for this assignment:
– Part A must be completed using Microsoft Word and saved as a .doc or .docx file
– Part B must be completed using Microsoft Excel and saved as a .xls or .xlsx file.
Submission time/date: no later than 1pm on Friday 7TH of December 2018.
Submission format: Both files (part A (MS Word) and and B (MS Excel) should be zipped up and submit via Turnitin. Work submitted late will receive a mark of 0%.
Part A – MS Word (worth 70%)
A minimum of 1000 words – maximum 1500 words (excluding references) are required for this discussion.
Write a minimum of 1000 words – maximum 1500 words (excluding references) on the following topic: Explain how AI and automation is likely to effect the job market in the next 20 years. You must include an introduction (including definitions of AI and automation), a discussion of the types of jobs that are likely to be affected to the largest degree by AI/automation. You must include some statistical data in the form of at least 1 chart or graph to support your essay, together with a conclusion.
– Describing AI and automation. 10 marks
– Clearly identify which types jobs will be potentially effected to the largest extent by AI. 10 marks
– Use 3 or more citations in your work using the citations tool in MS Word 10 Marks
i) Provide a table of data or chart showing statistical or numerical data relevant to your discussion (e.g. growth, sales, users). 10 Marks
ii) Include at least 2 images and add captions (labels) to them using the Insert Caption function. 4 Marks (1 mark per image and 1 mark per caption)
iii) Automatically generate a table of figures using the table of figures tool in MS Word. 6 Marks
iv) Use heading styles where appropriate for titles and subtitles. 5 marks
v) Use the Table of Contents tool in MS Word to automatically generate a table of contents. 5 marks
vi) The style of the document should include the following:
• A header on every page of the document stating your name (centred)
• A footer on every page of the document stating the page number (centred)
• Page setup – left 2.0cm, right 2.0, top 2.0, bottom 1.9
• Font – heading Verdana 14, body Courier New 11
• Line spacing 1.5 5 Marks (1 mark for each step above)
vii) Generate a bibliography using the tool built into MS Word. 5 Marks
Part B – MS Excel (30%)
Using the data you provided in part A section ii, produce the following charts include a title, label for both horizontal and vertical axis (where possible), and a legend for all charts. Show the following in the charts:
a) Column chart – title, label the axis and legend – 10 marks (1 mark for providing the chart, 3 marks each for the title, labelling the axis and a legend).
b) Line chart – title, label the axis, values and legend – 10 marks (1 mark for providing the chart, 3 marks each for the title, labelling the axis and a legend).
c) Pie chart – title, values, and legend – 10 marks (1 mark for providing the chart, 4.5 marks for the title, and 4.5 marks for the legend).