Does Shakespeare have a late style? That is, is there stylistic evidence that his writing changes in the latter section of his writing life?
– Please address this question throughout the essay. Beginning with stating your argument in the introduction (presumably yes he does) and then concluding your reasons why in the conclusion.
– Discussions of each play should roughly take up the same amount of text. ie, 1500 on each book.
– Stick to closely analysing what stylistic evidence their is for Shakespeare’s late style, offering detailed analysis, rather than just retelling the story. Perhaps analysis 2/3 key aspects per play rather than lots in less detail.
– Throughout, consider how this exhibits late style by referring to what critics have defined as late style.
– Please quote what critics have said to support your own readings of the text.
– Please do not use footnote for further analysis or definitions just for referencing.