A research critique demonstrates your ability to critically read an investigative study. For this assignment, choose a research article related to nursing to critique. Your critique should include the following: please include the following subtopics and list out.
· State the problem clearly as it is presented in the report.
· Have the investigators placed the study problem within the context of existing knowledge?
· Will the study solve a problem relevant to nursing?
· State the purpose of the research.
· Identify the concepts explored in the literature review.
· Were the references current? If not, what do you think the reasons are?
· Are the theoretical concepts defined and related to the research?
· Does the research draw solely on nursing theory or does it draw on theory from other disciplines?
· Is a theoretical framework stated in this research piece?
· If not, suggest one that might be suitable for the study.
· What are the independent and dependent variables in this study?
· Are the operational definitions of the variables given? If so, are they concrete and measurable?
· Is the research question or the hypothesis stated? What is it?
· What type of design (quantitative, qualitative, and type) was used in this study?
· Was inductive or deductive reasoning used in this study?
· State the sample size and study population, sampling method, and study setting.
· Did the investigator choose a probability or non-probability sample?
· State the type of reliability and the validity of the measurement tools.
· Were ethical considerations addressed?
· What data analysis tool was used?
· How were the results presented in the study?
· Identify at least one (1) finding.
· What are the strengths and limitations of the study?
· In terms of the findings, can the researcher generalize to other populations? Explain.
· Evaluate the findings and conclusions as to their significance for nursing.
The body of your paper should be 4–6 double-spaced pages plus a cover page and a reference page. The critique must be attached to the article and follow APA guidelines.