In this course project, you will play the role of an MIS consultant for an online grocery store. You will address the necessary information technology needs and projects that the company must undertake to be successful.
For your project, you will need to choose one of the following companies:
Both online stores will require you to put in a zip code to browse their website. You will need to “browse as a guest.” Before browsing as a guest, you will need to type in a zip code. Please use the following zip codes:
- For Peapod, use – 60446
- For Safeway, use – 90210
Please read the following case study before you begin your project.
This week for your project, you will provide advice on how your client can best market to their customers and optimize their website. We chose the Peapod company.
In a minimum of 3 full pages, provide a report that includes the following:
- How might the company build more of an online presence”
- Analysis of their website. What was favorable about their website? What are some of their website attributes that customers may find unappealing?
- Recommendations for data that they should capture to help with their online conversions (sales) and why.
- Discuss how the business would benefit from adding a company-sponsored blog to their website.
- Include an APA formatted title page.
- Include an APA formatted reference page with at least 3 credible sources – with 1 source being from an academic journal (academic journals can be accessed through databases listed on the Rasmussen Library and Learning Services page)
*Remember to use proper tone in your paper. You are speaking from a “consultant” point of view. Your audience is the Leadership Team for the online grocery store.
*Make sure to write your paper utilizing proper APA formatting guidelines, and to include an APA formatted title page. Use NoodleBib to document your sources and to complete your APA formatted reference page and in-text citations.