Description of the task
The consideration of different stakeholder perspectives is important to gain awareness of the sustainability issues and dilemmas that businesses face. Choose one of the two case studies provided and presenting as an external consultant provide well-researched advice for the board of directors of the case study organisation on how they should identify and manage their stakeholders with respect to an identified sustainability problem. For this assignment, your aim is to identify, explain and apply models for identifying and ethically managing stakeholders with a view to enhancing corporate sustainability. You are expected to draw on academic texts to support your stakeholder identification and analysis approach and recommended stakeholder management strategies. You will be assessed on both the content you present and your presentation style.
What needs to be covered in the presentation
1. Explain the concept of stakeholders and stakeholder engagement and why it is important for addressing sustainability problems.
2. Identify a problem that the organisation featured in your chosen case study is facing and describe the key sustainability dimensions of the problem, the ethical dilemma faced by the organisation with respect to this problem, and the potential impact(s) on stakeholders generally.
3. Identify the relevant stakeholders for this organisation and specific problem. Explain how you selected them, why they are important, which model(s) you used to identify them, and the strengths and limitations of this model(s).
4. Analyse how the organisation currently manages its key stakeholders and how this approach may create problems/opportunities with respect to the problem.
5. Building on the findings of your stakeholder analysis, identify and justify strategies for managing and engaging with these stakeholders. Explain the model(s) used to identify the strategies and how the strategies respond to the ethical dimensions of stakeholder management.
You must present, in person, to your tutor in your allocated tutorial time.
Your oral presentation should have accompanying slides (Powerpoint or Prezi)
You must submit an A4 printout of your slides (in handout format of six(6) slides per page) to your tutor at commencement of your presentation.
There is no need to hand in speaking notes or other materials.
Description of the task