The policy that I hv is violence against women.
Part I: The Social Problem Addressed by the Policy
1. What is/are the problem to be solved in the most fundamental terms?
2. What is the history of the problem/s in the United States?
3. What are the various theories about the causes of the problem/s? Based on this, what do you think is/are the most important cause/s of the problems?
Part II: The Policy Objectives, Values Premises, Expectations, and Target Populations
1. Policy objectives: overt and covert objectives. What are the stated objectives of the policy? In your judgement, what are the covert objectives of the policy?
2. What are the values underlying the policy objectives? What values are revealed by the overt and covert objectives?
3. What did the policymakers expect would be the result of the policy?
4. Target segments of the population at whom policy is aimed. Discuss the direct target of the policy in terms of size and other demographic characteristics. Who are the indirect targets of the policy?
Part III: Effects of the Policy
1. Intended effects. What are the effects that lawmakers intended?
2. Unintended effects. What are the effects that the lawmakers did not foresee?
3. Distinguish between short range and long range effects of the policy.
Part IV: Implications of the Policy
1. Changes in the distribution of material resources. Are there any changes to the distribution of material resources, including income and other tangible benefits, as a result of the policy for direct or indirect target groups?
2. Changes in distribution of services, rights, statuses. Are there any changes in services, rights, or statuses as a result of the policy?
Part V: Alternative Policies
1. What alternative policy/ies would address the social problem discussed in the policy analysis more effectively while advancing social justice?